Hoffman SummerWood is home to residents with diverse experiences in the pursuit of one common interest - to live in a community that offers the most comfortable, safe and enriching lifestyle in an environment that respects and supports their various backgrounds, interests, preferences and beliefs.
Hoffman SummerWood is a Senior Living Community in West Hartford CT offering Independent and Assisted Living within 1 or 2 bedroom private apartments.
Hoffman SummerWood residents enjoy the benefits of:
- Customized nursing services encouraging as much freedom and independence as possible with a helping hand when needed
- A full social calendar of onsite activities, services, programs, and events
- Weekly white-glove housekeeping services
- Clean & nutritious dining options featuring four-course sit-down meals for breakfast and dinner and afternoon continental fare available for pick up
- Front Desk and friendly staff dedicated to enriching the lives of our SummerWood residents, including:
- Complimentary transportation to and from medical appointments and recreational outings
- Complimentary snow removal from all walkways, parking lots & even personal vehicles
Health Services: "How can I maintain my independence while receiving the help I need?"
Your health and wellness are our primary concern. Our Assisted Living Service Agency supervisor will evaluate your health needs and recommend customized health services to ensure your safety and happiness, while encouraging your independence. Services available include:
- Onsite nursing staff consisting of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practicing Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Nurse on call 24/7
- Onsite caregivers 24/7
- Customized nursing care plans tailored to meet each individuals needs and preferences
- Assisted Living services may include medication management or assistance with bathing/showering, grooming/dressing or laundry services
- Rapid response to medical emergencies
- Safety and well-being checks (including vitals assessments)
- Service care and coordination - direct with resident's physicians and healthcare visits in addition to family members
Social Activity Calendar: "What will there be to do?"
Whether you enjoy attending concerts, always dreamed of learning to draw, or are eager for daily fitness classes, our goal is to ensure all our residents are involved in whatever brings a smile to their face and joy to their heart. Some of the onsite cultural, social and education programs include:
- Daily fitness classes
- Concerts and other musical performances
- Discussion groups
- Computer and phone clinics
- Painting and drawing classes for all skill levels
- Poetry writing and short story discussion groups
- Men's Club and Ladies Tea Group
- Current event discussion groups
- Religious programs, services and activities
- Virtual video-chats with family members and local community groups
Complimentary Transportation: "How will I get where I need to go?"
- Reserved parking with snow removal (including from vehicles)
- Transportation (private car or handicap accessible bus) to scheduled community programs and outings
- Transportation to scheduled shopping, banking and other errands
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Transportation to religious services
- Shuttle service provided to Mandell Jewish Community Center (which features an aquatic pool), West Hartford Senior Center and The University of Hartford's Presidents' College
- Day trips and excursions to casinos and other areas of interest including: Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts, Playhouse on Park, Hartford Stage and the Goodspeed Opera House, museums, art exhibits, and galleries
Dining Services: "What will I be eating?"
Hoffman SummerWood features fresh, chef-prepared clean and nutritious meals for breakfast and dinner and a midday continental fare for residents. A full size lunch is available upon request.
Our kitchen team meets with each resident to discuss their individual dining needs to ensure the utmost in healthy and nutritional meals. There is ample seating in our dining room and meal-delivery is available to those who would like to dine in their apartment.
Apartment Options: "What will my apartment look like?
At Hoffman SummerWood there are a variety of different style one and two-bedroom apartments. All apartments are individually climate controlled and include a 24/7 onsite personal emergency response system. All apartments include electricity, Cable TV and fully applianced kitchens. Bathrooms feature accessible walk-in showers with grab bars and a fold-down seat. Regardless of which apartment you select, our team is hands on to assist in coordinating your move, ensuring all details are attended to.
- Weekly housekeeping
- Bi-annual deep cleaning and carpet cleaning
- Annual window cleaning
- Full-service salon and barbershop
- Access to dry cleaning and tailoring services
- Onsite notary public
Memberships Included in the Hoffman SummerWood Lifestyle:
- Mandell Jewish Community Center
Safety and Security
Maintaining our residents' security is of vital importance. Hoffman SummerWood has security cameras outside the entire property ensuring complete safety for our residents, family members and staff. In addition, our community has an emergency alert system with 24-hour on-site first responders, keyless access, smoke detectors and sprinkler system, a generator, 24-hour concierge and 24-hour staff trained in basic first aid, CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver.