The health and safety of our residents, patients and employees are our top priority. Hoffman SummerWood is following recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Connecticut Assisted Living Association (CALA), American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL). Because of our resident population is more vulnerable than the general public, we are intensifying our preventative measures with their health, saftey and happiness in mind.
Due to the continued spread of COVID-19, Hoffman SummerWood has intensified our protocols. Until further notice, we're following these guidelines:
- Hoffman SummerWood is restricting all visitors and volunteers from visiting the facility, except for end-of-life situations or pursuant to the guidance of public health officials. In those cases, visitors will continue to need to be screened prior to entry to Hoffman SummerWood and restricted to their loved one's room or another designated area within the community. Hoffman SummerWood will conduct health screenings on anyone coming into the facility.
- During this health care crisis, we need to ask everyone to limit their contact.Therefore we are asking families and residents to refrain from leaving the building with family members or friends.
- Hoffman SummerWood is closing all resident dining venues. Instead, Hoffman SummerWood staff will be delivering meals to residents apartments. Our staff will also be offering hydration and snacks to each resident in their apartment during the day to help us keep eyes on them, check in, and to ensure they are doing well.
Hoffman SummerWood has eliminated all excursions to public gathering spaces, including grocery stores, religious services, shopping malls, and theaters and casinos.
All resident transportation has been suspected unless it is an emergent/essential medical appointment.
All residents returning from hospital and rehabilitation facilities, for the safety of our community will be quarantined for 14 days within their apartment only. Must present a negative test results for COVID-19, or a note from their physician stating they are infection-free and do not pose a risk to others.
Any individuals entering Hoffman SummerWood must enter through the main entrance in the front of the building.
Hoffman SummerWood's front desk staff will be asking anyone entering the building to respond to a questionnaire designed to identify the potential COVID-19 risk.
Given the consequences of the potential risk to spread COVID-19 among our resident population we are adhering to the CDC recommendations and restricting all community activities (such as socials, movies, and gatherings). Despite having to cancel activities we are mindful that our residents need interaction and stimulation. To accomplish this, our Life Enrichment Department will be turning to creative ideas. We will be implementing a trivia program via phone, delivering puzzle packets to each apartment and working on ways to enable our residents to video chat with their loved ones. We are also looking for volunteers who are willing to socialize with our residents through this video chat feature. If you are interested in taking part in this video-chat program, we encourage you to go to our website, hoffmansummerwood.org, and using the Chatbox – please tell us your name, phone number, and the resident that you wish to video-chat with. You can also email Sophia Cannavo, our Marketing Coordinator at email@example.com Please remember this is all new so we ask for your patience as we roll out innovative ways to keep you connected to your loved one.
In discussion with local Rabbis’ our Passover Seder will also have to be cancelled until further notice.
All necessary deliveries required for our community, (linens, supplies and food ) will be delivered to our receiving corridor door and will be brought in by our staff.
Increased cleaning protocols include:
- Frequently disinfecting high-touch areas like doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets and handrails
- Increased cleaning in high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spacess
- Reinforcing hand washing and infection control training for all Hoffman SummerWood employees
- Providing additional personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies
We are regularly updating Hoffman SummerWood residents and family members via email, but if you have an urgent question, please reach out to our Executive Director, Denise Jones at 860-523-3808.